Winter Session Dates: TBD
This group is specifically designed to support adolescent girls ages 13 to 18 in successfully navigating common stressors and developmental issues. Covered topics will include self-concept, healthy body image, values and goal formation, leadership, life balance, managing stress, healthy relationships, and assertiveness. Healthy coping skills and emotional regulation are additional areas of focus. Girls experiencing depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, and/or body image disturbance may benefit, as well as those seeking increased social support or personal wellness. The group will incorporate both educational information, discussion, and projects to maximize participation and meaningful learning. It has been a very fun and engaging group in the past and I hope that your daughter(s) will participate this fall.
Group meets on Wednesday nights from 5:00pm - 6:00pm.
Please call 952-746-7664 to learn more about the group.
Topics covered are according to the many faces of Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom:
• TRUTH- Healthy views of sex, relationships, and societal roles. Related topics include use of Facebook, internet, and messages from the media.
• BEAUTY- Weight management, dieting, body image, eating disorders, exercise and nutrition.
• SIMPLICITY- Development of values, life balance, and stress management.
• ELEGANCE- Self-concept, assertiveness, and healthy boundaries in relationships.
• LIBERTY- Goal formation, leadership development, achievement, and finding your voice.
• HARMONY- Mood swings, anxiety, and depression are common problems for young women. Additional topics include relationships, conflict, self-harm, and suicidality.